About the Partnership
We were founded in 1995 to administer the Smart Start grant in Ashe County. Since that time we have expanded to include a domestic violence and sexual assault prevention and awareness program. We have also enhanced our family support programs to offer more support to families with children.
Our mission is to help create opportunities for success
Our vision is a strong, successful community.
Phone: 336.982.4588 | Fax: 336.982.8860
Child Care Health Consultation
Child Care Health Consultant
A Safe Home for Everyone
Phone: 336.982.8851 | Crisis Line: 336.246.5430
Our Board of Directors
Partnership of Ashe is a private, nonprofit organization governed by a Board of Directors. Board members represent business and civic groups, churches, local government, health and human service agencies, parents and education and nonprofit organizations. They are all volunteers who contribute their expertise, professional resources and time to building a stronger future for Ashe County. Professional staff assists the Board.
|Julie Landry||Board Chair/Retired|
|David Blackburn||Vice Chair/Ashe Baptist Association|
|Jamie Little||Co-Vice Chair / Ashe County Schools|
|Tracy Tullish||Secretary/Ashe County Library|
|Donna Weaver||Treasurer / Reitred|
|Mike Kincaid||Blue Ridge Energies|
|Tracie M. Downer||Ashe County Department of Social Services|
|Chris Robinson / Kendra Perkins||Wilkes Community College|
|Dr. Landon Allen||New River Family Wellness|
|Kendra Blevins||GE Aviation|
|Joedy Eller||LifeStore Bank|
|Jennifer Greene||Appalachian District Health Department|
|Laura McPherson||Ashe County Library|
|Michelle Pelayo||NC Cooperative Extension & Ashe County Schools|
|Travis Birdsell||NC Cooperative Extension|
|Kitty Honeycutt||Ashe County Chamber of Commerce|
|Amy Miller||BROC Head Start|
Consists of the Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, Past Chair and other appointed Board members
- Has authority over the basic management of the Partnership
- All actions taken are reported to the Board
- Serves as the personnel committee
- Oversee decisions made regarding the maintenance and operations of the Partnership office building and property
Consists of Board Members who volunteer or are appointed and do not have a conflict of interest.
- Oversees the Partnership’s financial management and the annual audit by the State Auditor’s Office
- Reviews operating budgets
- Reviews contracting and accounting policies and makes recommendations to the Board
- Provides fiscal and programmatic oversight of Smart Start funds
- Reviews budget amendments and all requests for funding and forwards recommendations to the Board
- Annually reviews monitoring results of funded programs
Resource Development Committee
Consists of Board Members who volunteer or are appointed and have an interest in fundraising, grants and marketing efforts that will promote the Partnership and support the programs it operates.
- Heads up and oversees fundraising efforts/events
- Assists in seeking out and writing grants that will help fund programs and projects of the Partnership
- Oversees marketing efforts to promote the Partnership and its programs
Any open positions will be posted on Indeed.
Internships are available for academic credit or experience. The first step to becoming an intern is to contact Kim Barnes, Executive Director to discuss the internship. If your goals as a prospective intern match a program need, project, or initiative at the Partnership, you will be asked to complete an internship application and submit a resume and cover letter. An interview will then be scheduled and if selected, you will be asked to complete a background check and drug screen prior to your first day with us as an intern.