The Partnership of Ashe was founded in 1995 to administer the Smart Start grant in Ashe County. Since that time we have expanded to include a domestic violence and sexual assault prevention and awareness program. We have also enhanced our family support programs to offer more support to families with children.
Our mission is to build partnerships, provide educational programs, and connect people to resources.
Our vision is a strong, community where everyone can succeed.
Our Board of Directors
Partnership of Ashe is a private, nonprofit organization governed by a Board of Directors. Board members represent business and civic groups, churches, local government, health and human service agencies, parents and education and nonprofit organizations. They are all volunteers who contribute their expertise, professional resources and time to building a stronger future for Ashe County. Professional staff assists the Board.
Julie Landry Board – Chair/Retired
David Blackburn – Vice Chair/Ashe Baptist Association
Jamie Little – Co-Vice Chair / Ashe County Schools
Tracy Tullish – Secretary/Ashe County Library
Donna Weaver – Treasurer / Retired
Kayla Absher – Generations Child Development Center
Dr. Landon Allen – New River Family Wellness
Courtney Benson – Daymark
Kendra Blevins – GE Aviation
Amanda Butalla – NC Cooperative Extension Office
Tracie M. Downer / Angie Allen – Ashe County Department of Social Services
Jeff Dreyer – AEV
Joedy Eller – LifeStore Bank
Jennifer Greene / Jessica Muldowney – Appalachian District Health Department
Kitty Honeycutt – Ashe County Chamber of Commerce
Pam Lather – Retired
Laura McPherson – Ashe County Library
Angie Osborne – Grandparent
Board of Directors' Meeting Schedule
The following meeting are scheduled for 2022-2023. Please email email@example.com for meeting access information.
- July 2022 No Board Meeting
- August 17, 2022 Board Meeting 10:00am – 12:00pm
- September 2022 No Board Meeting
- October 19, 2022 Board Meeting 10:00am – 12:00pm
- November 2022 No Board Meeting
- December 14, 2022 Board Meeting 10:00am – 12:00pm
- January 2023 No Board Meeting
- February 15, 2023 Board Meeting 10:00am – 12:00pm
- March 2023 No Board Meeting
- April 19, 2023 Board Meeting 10:00am – 12:00pm
- May 2023 (TBD) Board Meeting 10:00am – 12:00pm
- June 2023 No Board Meeting
Our Committees. The Driving Force.
Consists of the Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, Past Chair and other appointed Board members
- Has authority over the basic management of the Partnership
- All actions taken are reported to the Board
- Serves as the personnel committee
- Oversee decisions made regarding the maintenance and operations of the Partnership office building and property
Consists of Board Members who volunteer or are appointed and do not have a conflict of interest.
- Oversees the Partnership’s financial management and the annual audit by the State Auditor’s Office
- Reviews operating budgets
- Reviews contracting and accounting policies and makes recommendations to the Board
- Provides fiscal and programmatic oversight of Smart Start funds
- Reviews budget amendments and all requests for funding and forwards recommendations to the Board
- Annually reviews monitoring results of funded programs
Resource Development Committee
Consists of Board Members who volunteer or are appointed and have an interest in fundraising, grants and marketing efforts that will promote the Partnership and support the programs it operates.
- Heads up and oversees fundraising efforts/events
- Assists in seeking out and writing grants that will help fund programs and projects of the Partnership
- Oversees marketing efforts to promote the Partnership and its programs